Learn how I used Tonja's silkscreens and some alcohol inks to make this beautiful Window Pendant!
- Small amount of black clay for the little bail and some white clay for the rest of the pendant- I use Premo
- Alcohol inks in your choice of colors- no more than 4 so it doesn't get muddy
- Silkscreen from Tonja's Treasures ( https://www.etsy.com/shop/tonjastreasures )
- Ink Pads and Ink Stamper tool made by Tim Holtz- you can use others if you like
- Black Acrylic Paint
- Clay cutter in your choice of shape. I used a large oval.
***I am making a different color than the one pictured above***
- Condition white clay and run through your pasta machine to remove bubbles. Thin it down to level four.
- Place ink pads on stamper and carefully dab colors onto the pad in a random fashion.
- Apply this all over your white clay sheet until covered as you desire.
- Allow at least one or two hours to dry.
- Once dry place your silkscreen over the inked clay sheet- be sure to smooth out any air bubbles
- Apply a small amount of acrylic paints- smooth the paint over the entire silkscreen. I use my fingers but you may also an old credit card.
- Clear off all excess paint on silkscreen and then remove the silkscreen.
- Allow to dry.
- Use your cutter to punch out your pendant shape and then mount onto a thicker sheet of clay.
- Attach your little black or white bail and voila!